Office Professional Plus (includes Software Assurance)
Office Professional Plus is an integrated collection of programs and services designed to work together to enable optimised information work. The Professional Plus suite includes two applications not included with the Standard suite.
This donation provides one license for installing the software on a single device. Request one license for each device on which you will install it. See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Terms for specific licensing details.
Which Versions of This Software Are Available?
You can choose to download the current version or the previous version of this software. You can find out which version is the current one in the Microsoft Title Groups document. In addition, you can download the software in any language that's available.
Benefits for Organisations
You can use the applications in the Office suite to:
- Create, share, and edit documents with colleagues in other locations
- Track and highlight data trends
- Broadcast documents and live presentations for an audience via their web browsers
- Consolidate communications services to reduce costs
Applications in This Suite
The Standard suite includes the following applications:
- Access is a relational database management system that helps information workers track and report information.
- Excel is a spreadsheet application with data analysis and visualisation tools.
- InfoPath is an information-gathering program using electronic forms deployed through web browsers, email messages, or mobile devices.
- OneNote is a note-taking application that allows various types of content to be shared among team members.
- Outlook with Business Contact Manager is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
- PowerPoint is a presentation graphics program with capabilities for text effects, sound, and animation.
- Publisher is a desktop publishing program that allows people with basic layout skills to create a wide variety of publications.
- Skype for Business is a unified communications client that works in conjunction with Skype for Business Server. It enables users to talk to each other using instant messaging, voice, or video and to switch back and forth between modes.
- Word is a full-featured word-processing program.
- Ribbon: The Office ribbon enhances usability by bringing together the most popular formatting and creation tools in a single, unified design.
- Web and mobile access: With Office Online and free apps for mobile devices, users at separate locations can co-author or edit the same file at the same time. They can use any web browser or mobile device running Windows, iOS, or Android.
- Cloud storage: Office applications integrate with OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint, so you can access your files across devices.
- Multiple file format support: Most Office applications, including Word and Excel, can save or export files as PDF or XPS documents natively, without requiring you to download and install add-ons.
- Data integration: Databases can be linked to external sources, such as other Access databases, Excel spreadsheets, ODBC (open database connectivity) data sources, and SQL Server databases. Other users within your organisation can view or modify Access data when Access is integrated with SharePoint Server.
Important Volume Licensing Information
With Office suites and applications, you can choose between two types of volume license keys for product activation: a Key Management Service (KMS) license key or a Multiple Activation Key (MAK). You will be provided with both types of keys on the Microsoft Volume Licensing website.
For help deciding which type of key to use, see our guide to Volume Licensing activation methods. Microsoft also offers instructions on how to use a MAK or KMS key to activate volume editions of Office 2013.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires you to download the software from the Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Centre (VLSC) and enter a license key. You can download any available version or language for your product.
The license key allows you to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the email you receive from tt-exchange after you request this product.
Expect three emails:
- When your donation request has been approved, tt-exchange will send a message to your organisation email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organisation email that is registered with the tt-exchange Programme is up-to-date. Visit My Account and verify the address in your active organisation profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- tt-exchange will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance programme, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- 1-GHz (or higher) processor with SSE2 instruction set
- 1 GB or more RAM for 32-bit systems; 2 GB or more RAM for 64-bit systems
- 3 GB available hard-disk space; 1,024 x 576-pixel (or higher) display
- Windows Server 2008; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 10; Windows Server 2012
- Internet Explorer 8/9/10; Firefox 10 or later; Safari 5 or later; Chrome 17 or later
For some features or advanced functionality, see the full list of system requirements.
Rules, Eligibility & Restrictions
This programme is currently available only to eligible UK Registered Charities
Products will be distributed to eligible organisations only, not to individuals, and within the Microsoft Guidelines.
Organisations which provide the following types of services MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Relief to the poor
- Advancement of education
- Advancement of social and community welfare
- Advancement of culture
- Advancement of the natural environment
- Other purposes beneficial to the community
Additional types of organisations MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme, including:
- Public libraries for public access purposes
- Public Museums
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief organisations
- Community Health Clinics
- Behavioural healthcare nonprofits that provide mental health, chemical dependency and other psychosocial services to the community
- Women’s health centres
- Blood banks
- Trade associations with registered charity status that have charitable aims and activities
- Organisations that engage in discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination, and/or retirement based on race, colour, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status, other than as allowed by law, are not eligible to participate in this programme. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
The following types of organisations are NOT eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Governmental organisations or agencies including international governmental organisations and United Nations Entities
- Educational Institutions – organisations eligible through Microsoft academic volume licensing programs are not eligible for software donations, including nonprofit private schools
- Healthcare Organisations and Networks – healthcare organisations and networks including hospitals, specialty networks, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organisations are not eligible .
- Healthcare Research Organisations and Research Laboratories – Includes organisations pursuing systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to general knowledge
- Commerce and Trade Associations without charitable aims or activities
- Sponsorships of events, tables, exhibitions, or performances
- Fundraising events such as luncheons, dinners, walks, runs, or sports tournaments
- Political, Labour and Fraternal organisations
- Refurbishers that will be installing the donated software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools
- Organisations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations
Provided an organisation meets the Eligibility Criteria for the Microsoft Software Donations Programme, donation requests can be made in line with the following entitlement guidelines:
- Your organisation's first donation request after 27 July 2011 marks the beginning of its recurring two-year cycles. Within a two-year period, each eligible organisation may request:
- Products from up to 10 of the title groups, with a 50-licence maximum for desktop and operating systems or license-only title groups (see below for more details)
- A maximum of five server products, regardless of title group (see below for more details)
- There is no limit to the number of times an organisation can make a Microsoft donation request within the two-year cycle as long as they have not used up their full 10 title Entitlement.
- After two years, a new cycle begins, and the Entitlement is reset.
Please see Microsoft Software Donations Programme FAQs for further information.