This programme is currently available only to eligible UK Registered Charities.
Products will be distributed to eligible organisations only, not to individuals, and within the Microsoft Guidelines.
Organisations which provide the following types of services MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Relief to the poor
- Advancement of education
- Advancement of social and community welfare
- Advancement of culture
- Advancement of the natural environment
- Other purposes beneficial to the community
Additional types of organisations MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme, including:
- Public libraries for public access purposes
- Public Museums
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief organisations
- Community Health Clinics
- Behavioural healthcare nonprofits that provide mental health, chemical dependency and other psychosocial services to the community
- Women’s health centres
- Blood banks
- Trade associations with registered charity status that have charitable aims and activities
- Organisations that engage in discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination, and/or retirement based on race, colour, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status, other than as allowed by law, are not eligible to participate in this programme. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
The following types of organisations are NOT eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Governmental organisations or agencies including international governmental organisations and United Nations Entities
- Public Libraries without a charitable status are not eligible to participate in Microsoft ‘Office 365 for Nonprofits’ Donation Programme at this time. However, they qualify for O365 for Education Plans.
- Educational Institutions – organisations eligible through Microsoft academic volume licensing programs are not eligible for software donations, including nonprofit private schools
- Healthcare Organisations and Networks – healthcare organisations and networks including hospitals, specialty networks, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organisations are not eligible .
- Healthcare Research Organisations and Research Laboratories – Includes organisations pursuing systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to general knowledge
- Housing Associations
- Commerce and Trade Associations without charitable aims or activities
- Sponsorships of events, tables, exhibitions, or performances
- Fund-raising events such as luncheons, dinners, walks, runs, or sports tournaments
- Political, Labour and Fraternal organisations
- Refurbishers that will be installing the donated software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools
- Organisations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations
Terms of service
Organisations that request Microsoft products must agree to any applicable terms of service.
Microsoft reserves the right to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time without notice.
To be eligible to participate in this programme, organisations must attest to the following statement, which certifies compliance with the Microsoft corporate citizenship nonprofit giving anti-discrimination policy:
My organisation does not have a policy or mission of discriminating in hiring, compensation, access to training or services, promotion, termination, or retirement based on race, colour, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status.
My organisation is a religious organisation, and any discriminatory practices of my organisation are exempt from laws that otherwise prohibit such discrimination.
Products will be distributed under this programme to qualifying organisations and libraries only, not to individuals.
Recipient organisations may not transfer or resell Microsoft products.
Microsoft products may not be installed on computers that will be given to or sold to other organisations or individuals, even as part of a charitable programme.