Project Server (Includes Software Assurance) (English)
Price: £366.00 + VAT
Project Server is project management software that runs on Windows Server. It enables medium-sized and large organisations to better manage projects and project portfolios. Project Server is accessed through its clients: Project Professional and Project Web App.
This product includes a server license. In addition, each user or device that accesses Project Server must have a client access license (CAL). See a summary of Volume Licensing Product Use Rights for specific licensing details.
Benefits for Organisations
If you have network administration experience, you can use Project Server to:
- Effectively analyze and report on both projects and programs
- Collaborate on project management across the entire enterprise
- Enterprise project management: You can integrate this product with Project Professional 2013 and Project Web App to give users control across all types of work and allow them to visualize performance through dashboards.
- Portfolio management: You can identify, select, manage, and deliver portfolios of projects, programs, and software applications that align with your strategy.
- Demand management: The demand management module collects project ideas and proposals. You can manage the proposals with triage and selection workflow and then execute and track the selected projects.
- Mobile access: A web-based mobile site enables team members and project managers to view project status at a glance on a mobile device. Supported phones are Windows Phone 7.5, iPhone, and Android
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for.
Expect three emails
- When your donation request has been approved, tt-exchange will send a message to your organisation email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested. Make sure the organisation email that is registered with the tt-exchange Programme is up-to-date. Visit My Account and verify the address in your active organisation profile.
- Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organisation to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
- tt-exchange will send an email with information about managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
- The recommended hardware requirements depend on such usage variables as the number of projects, tasks, and users and the average tasks per project. See the full list of system requirements.
- Windows Server 2012 Standard, Database; Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 Standard, Enterprise, Datacenter
- SharePoint Server 2013
- Server 2012; SQL Server 2008 R2 with SP1
- For Project Web App — Internet Explorer 8/9/10
- For Project Professional client connectivity — Project Professional 2013
Rules, Eligibility & Restrictions
This programme is currently available only to eligible UK Registered Charities
Products will be distributed to eligible organisations only, not to individuals, and within the Microsoft Guidelines.
Organisations which provide the following types of services MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Relief to the poor
- Advancement of education
- Advancement of social and community welfare
- Advancement of culture
- Advancement of the natural environment
- Other purposes beneficial to the community
Additional types of organisations MAY be eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme, including:
- Public libraries for public access purposes
- Public Museums
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief organisations
- Community Health Clinics
- Behavioural healthcare nonprofits that provide mental health, chemical dependency and other psychosocial services to the community
- Women’s health centres
- Blood banks
- Trade associations with registered charity status that have charitable aims and activities
- Organisations that engage in discrimination in hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, termination, and/or retirement based on race, colour, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, political affiliation, union membership, or veteran status, other than as allowed by law, are not eligible to participate in this programme. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations.
The following types of organisations are NOT eligible to receive Microsoft donations through this programme:
- Governmental organisations or agencies including international governmental organisations and United Nations Entities
- Educational Institutions – organisations eligible through Microsoft academic volume licensing programs are not eligible for software donations, including nonprofit private schools
- Healthcare Organisations and Networks – healthcare organisations and networks including hospitals, specialty networks, ambulatory healthcare services, home healthcare and assisted living healthcare organisations are not eligible .
- Healthcare Research Organisations and Research Laboratories – Includes organisations pursuing systematic investigation, including research development, testing and evaluation, designed to develop or contribute to general knowledge
- Commerce and Trade Associations without charitable aims or activities
- Sponsorships of events, tables, exhibitions, or performances
- Fundraising events such as luncheons, dinners, walks, runs, or sports tournaments
- Political, Labour and Fraternal organisations
- Refurbishers that will be installing the donated software on refurbished computers to be distributed or donated to nonprofits or schools
- Organisations that advocate, support, or practice discrimination based on age, ethnicity, gender, national origin, disability, race, size, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic background. Organisations must be willing and able to attest that they do not discriminate on any of these grounds in order to receive donations
Provided an organisation meets the Eligibility Criteria
for the Microsoft Software Donations Programme, donation requests can
be made in line with the following entitlement guidelines:
Your organisation's first donation request after 27 July 2011 marks the
beginning of its recurring two-year cycles. Within a two-year period,
each eligible organisation may request:
- Products from up to 10 of the title groups, with a 50-license
maximum for desktop and operating systems or license-only title groups
(see below for more details)
- A maximum of five server products, regardless of title group (see below for more details)
- There is no limit to the number of times an organisation can make a
Microsoft donation request within the two-year cycle as long as they
have not used up their full 10 title Entitlement.
- After two years, a new cycle begins, and the Entitlement is reset.
Please see Microsoft Software Donations Programme FAQs for further information.